Choosing A Roof For Your Home
A good roof is very important for your home. It determines the time as to how long your home shall last…
There are many types of wood and many styles that can be adapted for roofing. All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Hence the things that you should know or do while choosing a roof, are all given below:
1. Questions to Consider
In order to choose the best for your roof there are a few questions that you should ask. The questions that you should consider include the ones given below:
• Think of how long the roof will last with them
• Think of how it will hold against natural disasters like hurricanes or even big fires
• Think of the weight if it is not too heavy according to the existing frame of the roof
• Think if the roof has enough slope or not
• Think of the look for the house if it would complement the style accordingly
• You should also think about the materials if they are eco-friendly and recyclable and such other things etc too
• The local building codes should allow the type of roofing you want. So make sure you think of that question too
• At the end, think of how much it would cost you as well
• The advantages and disadvantages
There are many advantages and disadvantages of each of the materials that can be used for roofs. The advantages for each of the materials below should be considered very well to have a long lasting roof too.
• Asphalt shingles
• Plastic polymer
• Clay tile
• Concrete tile
• Wood shingles
The price can vary according to the weight and the per-square cost as well. This includes both labor and materials as well. The actual cost varies depending on the nature of the job and labor in different parts of the world. When it comes to different materials the price starts from 3-tab asphalt being the lowest costly and cedar wood being the most expensive one. In between we have laminated asphalt, coated steel metal, plastic polymer, clay tile, concrete tile, and slate in increasing order.
There are two types of warranties that are available for roofs. The defects in the roofing material are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty while a separate warranty is given for handling problems that occur due to improper installation. You should make sure that the warranty comes from no other place than the company itself. It should have resources to support it like the roof contractor etc too.
Also, reading the warranty as to what is included and what is not is also very important as well. This is because some warranties are not transferable when selling your home and some are limited to the cost of the materials as well.
Therefore, your house is very important to be protected from many elements so make sure that you do it all in the right way.